Friday, July 17, 2009

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - ALYSSA KAY COLLECTIONS by TRISH VOSS

Wire Wrapped Pendant Gold and Silver - Green Heart Stone
by
Trish Voss
(CLICK on the above photo to learn more about this beautiful pendant!)

I love the beautiful, unique wire wrapping and stones that Trish of ALYSSA KAY COLLECTIONS on Etsy uses in her designs. I happened across Trish's work when I was posting in the Etsy forums for minis to add to my DZFANTASY blog. I was so impressed with Trish's work that I asked her to be a featured artist, so that more people could learn about ALYSSA KAY COLLECTIONS.

Closeup view of the wire wrapping

After reading and learning a bit more about Trish, be sure to pay a visit to ALYSSA KAY COLLECTIONS! Her jewelry is wonderful!

I am a stay at home mom with a two year old daughter. I stumbled across this art as a hobby and really fell in love with it. It gives me that "out" I need during the day to feel as though I have really accomplished something. In the beginning, being a hobby has now turned into wanting to be able to create a business and be home with my daughter for as long as possible.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I had gone to a local jewelry party, and things just seemed so expensive for me. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought “Why can’t I make my own jewelry”. Granted what I am making is nothing like what was at the jewelry party.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I tried beading at first and didn’t really think I was that good at it. Then rapidly moved into wire and fell in love with it. Seeing some of the amazing work by other wire artista, it is easy to fall in love and strive for such beauty.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I am just amazed at the possibilities of wire art and I guess that is what is most enjoyable, to sit down and sometimes not really have an idea of what the wire will turn into.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I guess it would be that anything is possible. Just use your imagination and share with the world.

Wire Wrapped Pendant Pink Crazy Lace Agate

by Trish Voss
(CLICK on above photo to learn more about this elegant pendant)


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Never give up. Find something that you really love and enjoy. Always be true to heart.
THANKS, Trish, for taking the time to express your thoughts, and to share your wonderful creations with everyone!
Be sure to pay ALYSSA KAY COLLECTIONS a visit where you will some more of Trish's beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.
< p align="center">

No comments: