Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DZFANTASY'S "ANGEL STORIES" FEATURE

CALMED BY AN ANGEL

submitted by

Shelley


In the summer of 1983 I was eight and a half months pregnant with my first daughter. It was August and extremely hot and humid. I was on my way home from work and the day had been the worst ever.

While sitting at a stop sign behind two other people, I was getting very frustrated because no one was moving. For no reason at all everyone was just sitting there. Very uncharacteristic of me I yelled out the window at the top of my lungs "MOVE"!!!

The person in the front of the line called back to me in a very calming voice and said, "It's OK, Calm down".

When he turned, I noticed for the first time that he was in a bright red truck with no license plate and the bed of the truck was full of rose bushes and every one of them was in full bloom. When I got to the stop sign and looked down the street in the direction he had gone there was know one there and no place that he could have turned.

Then I realized that I did feel more calm. I actually had a smile on my face for the first time in days. I knew that I had just seen an Angel.

I still think of that time whenever I am stressed and it always helps to calm me.

Shelley, thanks for taking the time to share this experience with all of us. I know there must be many more of you out there that have had different experiences.....don't hesitate to send in your stories! I will be adding another story out here soon. Keep them coming!

3 comments:

The Muse said...

I do hope others will share, as I too enjoy reading about their experiences...

Kim said...

Shelley, this is beautiful!

An angel with roses is divine!

Kim

MaggieM said...

I love all of the Angel stories being submitted here. I get a little tingle reading each one. Kudos to Donna for this terrific idea. Now, more than ever, we need reassurance that Angels really do exist.