Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CHANGING WOMAN STUDIO

I love the stunning elegant look of this necklace by CHANGING WOMAN STUDIO! If you'd like to see more of this jewelry artist's beautiful designs be sure to visit her shop CHANGING WOMAN STUDIO! You just might find that perfect gift of jewelry for the "special" someone in your life....or, give a gift to yourself!

First, let's welcome Carol, and hear what she has to say about herself and what motivates her to create her jewelry.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have always loved creating beautiful things and working with my hands, so making jewelry came naturally.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

While taking a class in another medium, the teacher mentioned this new product called metal clay and I knew right away it was for me, so off I went learning about it and have never turned back.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

That's a hard question since I really love all of it. I guess finishing a piece and really loving the way it looks.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Now that's easy, I'd have to say a pomegranate because its beautiful, vibrant and juicy.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I guess it would be fiber arts since that has always been my other love.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I'm not sure that I have a message other than putting a little more beauty out there in the world.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Most of us never think that what we make is "good enough". Make what you love and it will always be good enough.

THANKS, Carol for sharing your thoughts and work with all of us. Your jewelry is exquisite!

To see more of Carol's work, be sure to click on the links below!



CHANGING WOMAN STUDIO BLOG

TWITTER

1 comment:

The Muse said...

This so brings to mind the styling of ancient Egyptian jewelry...very intriguing. This is a truly unique look and one that I am sure will be a pleasing addition to the Christmas options this year!