Friday, August 1, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - DESIGNS BY VANESSA

I really love these earrings, which Vanessa said were her "favorite" item in her Etsy shop right now. They are so delicate and "airy" looking! Vanessa has taken the time to share her thoughts and wonderful jewelry out here with us....so enjoy reading what she has to say. Don't forget to pay a visit to "DESIGNS BY VANESSA", when you are finished. Her links will be listed below. If you have any questions, I'm sure Vanessa will be happy to answer them for you.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I spent many summers crafting with my grandma as a little girl, and I’m always doing something creative. I work in the foster care/adoption field and my creativity has become my stress reliever.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

The reason why I named my shop “Designs by Vanessa” and not “Jewelry by Vanessa” is so that I’m not stuck doing just one thing. Making the same thing over and over again is not fun to me, and I’m constantly getting new ideas for my designs. Jewelry is my current obsession, but I will soon start introducing my “Little Birdie Cards” to my shop

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Creating is definitely a huge stress reliever for me. I also enjoy seeing other people enjoying and wearing my creations.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmm, I would say passion fruit because I’m passionate about my designs!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I know the basics of sewing, but I would love to learn how to make my own clothes. I just think it would be so much fun to sew up a cute dress whenever I wanted!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I really love creating,and Etsy has become a great outlet for me. You will find fun and feminine jewelry in my shop. I'm very much a girly girl and my designs reflect that side of my personality. I love simple, elegant, dainty and whimsical creations.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Believe in your work.


VANESSA, thanks for sharing your thoughts and delightful jewelry with us....I feel the same way you do about "not making the same thing over and over"...definitely not fun!! Be sure to visit all of Vanessa's sites below to see more of her lovely work.



VANESSA'S BLOG

FACEBOOK

FLICKR

2 comments:

Ravenswick said...

I see why they are her favorite--gorgeous earrings. I enjoyed the interview.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Thank you so much for featuring me and allowing me to be part of your blog!!