Wednesday, November 12, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ECHOS ART



Apple Blossom- Apple turquoise and peridot 3 strand necklace

WELCOME, Lisa and her Etsy shop ECHOS ART! I love her beautiful necklace shown above, and can see why it is Lisa's favorite item! LOVE the colors and texture of it! I thought I'd include another photo of it here so you can see the whole necklace. Be sure to treat yourself, and visit ECHOS ART to see Lisa's other beautiful designs.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've been making jewelry since I was little. I used to take my little plastic jewelry and put glittery nail polish and rhinestones on them. As I got older, I became very interested in gemstones and started making myself jewelry. I got great response from my friends and relatives, so I started making things for them, and they started buying things from me as well.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Jewelry has always been my first love. I love the colors and shapes of gemstones. I love the uniqueness of each individual bead, and how they can be combined with other stones to make a gorgeous piece.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love being able to lock myself in my studio and express myself through my work. It's my quiet time, and I'm a shy person so I feel like it's the best way to express myself.

If you had to choose a fruit OR vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would it be and why?

I'd have to say a gourd. I think gourds are so unique. Each one has a different shape and color. You never see two exactly alike.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

I really would like to start working with polymer clay. I've done a little with it and it's really challenging. I think it would be a nice compliment to what I do now.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That jewelry is a work of art, just like a painting or a piece of pottery.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be true to yourself. Create what makes you happy, not what you think people want to see.

LISA, thanks again for taking the time to share your creations out here on DZFANTASY! Love your designs! You can see more of Lisa's work by visiting the links below.



FLICKR

1 comment:

The Muse said...

Excellent questions (interview with some quirkiness to it) LOL...and I might add I love the gourd response !
Another informative post!