Saturday, November 8, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LITTLE PETALS PHOTOGRAPHY

VENICE ITALY

WELCOME, Megan of Little Petals Photography! What a fantastic shot above! Megan has more wonderful photos of places she has traveld to....China, Italy, France and Mexico, available for purchase in her Etsy shop. They truly make you want to visit these places in person!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I took a photography class in high school and fell in love. When I traveled to Australia in college (first time out of the US), I was floored by all the beauty in the world and wanted to show it to everyone who couldn't be there with me to experience it. Thus I fell in love with showing others the world I see.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

My mom was an art teacher. I was never really good with mediums using my hands like drawing or painting, but she always told me I had an eye for it. Photography kinda found me.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love finding the perfect photo through my camera. The world looks so different once you crop it in the camera. To get a good representation of the world around you is a very challenging thing.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

A pumpkin- because they are beautiful, colorful and are not available all the time. My art captures a moment in time- it is not the same view you would get in each of the seasons.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity" what would you choose and why?

My other medium would have to be dance. It allows you to evoke moods and feelings that affect each person differently at different times of their lives.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want others to see the beauty in the world around them. Even when the world seems cold or like it is falling apart, it contains so much beauty- seeing it is a reminder that things will get better.

What advice do you have for other atists/crafters?

My advice is to not worry too much about what sells and what others think of your art. Take in criticism but remember to follow your heart of what you want your art to be. Don't give up and keep pushing yourself and your art.

Megan, it was a real pleasure to have you as a "featured artist" here on DZFANASY and to get to know a bit more about you. Thanks for a delightful interview. Keep on taking those photos!! Be sure to pay LITTLE PETALS PHOTOGRAPHY a visit!


MEGAN'S BLOG

1 comment:

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Yay! Thank you so much for featuring me!!! :)