Friday, May 23, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST - LINDSEE

WELCOME, LINDSEE

Here in Lindsee's own words you will hear what she has to say about her art and what inspires her.

I love to create things. My interests are music, painting, interior design, refinishing furniture, knitting, cross-stitching, photography (not that I am very good at it, but I appreciate it), antiques- something I have inherited from my mother, and anything vintage. I love making old things new again.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

It's hard for me to pick a specific medium. I dable in a lot of different things. I am always trying new mediums, which makes my house ”cluttery” because I have so much supplies and things.

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?
The process. It's therapy. Knitting relaxes me, painting makes me feel like I am forgetting what's around me and I am focused on one thing, making my flowers makes me feel happy, and making baby stuff makes me want one.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?

I want people to surround themselves with things they love. I am like that. My environment means a lot to me. Hopefully the things I create can help people achieve that.

What advice do you have for other artists?
Try to not get discouraged if you feel no one is noticing you or your work. Do it for yourself. If you love it, then it is good.

THANKS, LINDSEE for taking the time to share your thoughts and creations with everyone. Be sure to visit Lindsee's Etsy shop to see what she has to offer.





LINDSEE'S BLOG

No comments: