Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - AUDDITIES by Audrey


Life And Death Original Art Two Pocket Portfolio
by Audrey
I'm happy to have Audrey and her AUDDITIES Etsy shop out here on DZFANTASY. When Audrey sent me links to her favorite item out in her shop, she sent me the above photo, and also a second choice, if I felt her first choice was too graphic. I decided to put both of Audrey's choices out here. Be sure to visit AUDDITIES and see Audrey's other art.


Bumblebee Girl Original Artwork Bookmark by Audrey

Before we get to hear what Audrey has to say about herself and her art, let's hear from Audrey's mom. Since Audrey is a minor, her mom handles all of her sales, etc. at Audrey's AUDDITIES shop.

Audrey just turned 16 in late July. She's a junior in a high school that has an excellent art program. She is taking all the art courses available to her in school--is excited about starting ceramics this semester when classes begin next week. She is planning to study art in college and pursue some form of art as a future career, possibly teaching or graphic design. Audrey has spent the majority of her life immersed in the art scene, travelling to craft shows and demonstrations with either me or her grandmother (just like I did growing up). Last fall she had her first booth selling in a juried art show and has won several school and community-based awards for both her artwork and fiction writing. THANKS, MOM!

Now let's hear in Audrey's own words what she thinks about art and her work.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've always liked to draw, and it keeps me from being bored. I've also had many family influences who support my art, like my mom.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with

I try pretty much any art medium I can, and like them all to some extent. I usually use whatever supplies I can afford or that I get as gifts.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

It's a way to create fantasy worlds of fairies and vampires. I like those things.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'd choose an apple because it's bright and colorful. It's hard not to like an apple and my work kind of has that effect on people (or at least I hope it does!)

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I really would like to work in 3-D, specifically puppets. Jim Henson has had a big impact on me and I would love to make things as memorable and lovable as his work.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Just that I'm having fun doing something I love.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

If you love to do something, keep at it and don't give up.

AUDREY, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and your art! It was really fun having a "budding young artist" like yourself out here on DZFANTASY! Your work has a whimsical quality to it, which I really like! Don't give up your dreams!! I'm sure Audrey would be delighted to have you visit her AUDDITIES shop. Just click on any of the photos below to go directly to that item, or click on the link below the photos.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you featured this shop! Audrey's art is great and i am excited to check out her shop. Amazing that she is so young and has much more to come. Great influences and ideas will take her far!
Best Wishes:)