Saturday, December 5, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ECO CREATIONS


Blush - Matte Pink Glass Seed Beaded Hemp Bracelet
by COURTNEY - ECO CREATIONS

ECO CREATIONS on Etsy is a two woman team.....Courtney and Stacy.  When you pay a visit to ECO CREATIONS you will find a wide array of choices of eco-friendly and nature-inspired hemp, beaded jewelry and artwork.....bracelets, necklaces, earrings and more!!

In the interview below, Courtney gives us a peek into how she got started designing and creating her colorful, fun jewelry.

What led you to start creating your art/craft

I began working with hemp as a teenager and it spiraled into beaded jewelry after I graduated high school. I never thought about selling my creations until I gave a necklace to a friend and they asked where I had bought it. The remark completely floored me and got me thinking that maybe my artistic talent could eventually become my livelihood. After I started selling on Etsy, my then girlfriend (now fiance!) started trying to push my artistic horizons and exposed me to painting and ceramics.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


Honestly, I never really chose just one medium, nor do I see myself stopping from exploring new mediums. Currently I'm learning glassblowing and ceramics as well as working on improving my graphic design skills on the side.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


What I love about creating is how I can look at anything around me and draw inspiration from it. As a result, my jewelry, although inspired by nature, is far from the muted, subtle colors usually used when incorporating nature in design.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?


My work is reminiscent of peppers in my opinion. Peppers can be sweet or savory or in your face spicy and I feel that my work is very much the same way in the colors I choose and motivations I have.



Abstract painting
by STACY - ECO CREATIONS

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?


I would actually love to make pins. I love the idea of creating a bunch of designs and sayings that people will then use to express themselves on backpacks, bags, clothes, etc. I just love self-expression and for my work to be the medium that people use to help express themselves would be an otherworldly feeling.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


If people take anything from my work I would hope that it would involve having respect for the earth. If people don't start caring about their environment we won't have an earth to live on!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


I have to say the most important advice I ever received was to never give up (cliche as it is!). It's really easy to give up when you go days, weeks or months with no sales, but as long as you keep on promoting on your end and have a good product the sales *will* come. (I promise!)


Thanks, Courtney, for taking the time to share your creativity and thoughts with everyone. 


To learn more about ECO CREATIONS, be sure to visit the links below.



No comments: