Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CARIAD CLAY


by CARIAD CLAY

(Click on item's title above to learn more about it)

Let's welcome Chloe, and her Etsy shop, CARIAD CLAY as a featured Etsy artist here on DZFANTASY.  It has been a while since I've had time to bring you featured Etsy shops, and I am happy to have CARIAD CLAY as one of the first ones.

Be sure to pay a visit to Chloe's shop after reading her interview below, where she tells us in her own words how she got started in her art.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?


After having my little girl, I started pottery classes to try to banish the baby brain.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've always loved getting messy and really enjoyed pottery at school

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love how relaixng it is, just sitting with some fresh clay and working on new ideas. Sometimes they turn out well and other times they are a complete mess, but as long as I get my 'clay time' I'm happy!


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you
choose, and why?

A banana! It's soft to start with, but hard when dried and it's bright and sunny!


(Click on item's above title to learn more about it)

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

It would always be clay!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That I'm a potter from Wales! I love my Welsh roots and living in Wales.

Cariad is Welsh for beloved and if more people know that then I'm happy.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


Make what you enjoy making, then you'll enjoy selling it and talking about it too

Chloe, thanks for taking the time to share your delightful creations with all of us and for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Be sure to visit CARIAD CLAY by clicking on the links below.

No comments: