Friday, October 8, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - 1mADwoman

by
Erin of 1mADwoman

(to learn more about this beautiful clutch, click on the item's title above)

It has been a while since I've had the time to put featured Etsy artists here on my blog, and am happy to have Erin and her Etsy shop 1mADwoman here today.

Erin designs and creates lovely handmade purses, bags and clutches, so be sure to visit "1mADwoman" on Etsy to find your perfect accessory.

First, take a moment to read about Erin and how she came to be creating these lovely accessories.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I have an obscene amount of fabric leftover from other projects and from inheriting fabric from my grandma and her best friend when they decided to get rid of their stuff. Some of it was stuff I was never going to wear, so I started making purses and clutches out of it. It turned out to be a hugely fun and fantastic decision!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've been sewing for twelve years - I wanted to learn to make my own clothes because it's much easier to find what you want to wear that way! I also started quilting a couple of years later. Almost every baby born in my personal vicinity has received a baby blanket from me in the last ten years. Learning to design the purses was actually pretty easy - no curved seams or body parts to fit!

(click on item's title above to learn more about this stunning clutch)


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The total freedom it gives me. I can choose what I want to do and how I want to do it. I really don't do well in traditional office settings - I get bored way to easily!

(click on item's title above to learn more about it)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Pumpkin - I'm as full of ideas and want-to's as a pumpkin is full of seeds!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I've always wanted to learn how to draw properly - I can't draw anything but basic stuff with any regularity!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That this is FUN and that I really love what I do!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love and enjoy it! If you don't love it, you won't enjoy it, and you won't be any good at it. And believe in yourself - even if no one else does, you MUST believe that you can do what you set out to do.



Thanks, Erin for a delightful interview and for sharing your lovely creations with all of us.  Erin also designs jewelry and sells it in her other Etsy shop called "Heartsabustin".  Be sure to visit Erin's links below.

No comments: