Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - Amy's Soaps N Things


Mandarin Tiki Soap

by AMY'S SOAPS 'N' THINGS

Amy's Soaps 'N' Things is my first featured shop for the new year!  When you pay a visit to Amy's shop, you will find soaps, body wash, and lip balms all with wonderful sounding names like...China Rain, Hawaiian Breeze, Spiced Lavender and more!  Great prices also!



Large Spiced Lavender Bar - $4.00
Lavender flowers mixed with an array of other wonderful aromas makes for this sweet and spicy fragrance.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I needed the money, I've always loved fragrances and I can't seem to get hired at Bath and Body Works.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Well actually soap isn't my first choice, fashion design is, but I haven't had the money to start up my fashion shop yet.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Definitely the fragrances. I love finding new ones.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

Hmm, I'd say Strawberries, because they are super fragrant, sweet and really good for you.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

Well I already mentioned fashion up above so I'll say making beaded jewelry. I like making earrings.

What message, if any do you want to convey with your art/craft?

ALL PROCEEDS ARE GOING TOWARDS MY COLLEGE FUND!!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

 Have patience. Starting a business takes a ton of time and money to get it established. I'm still working on that myself.

Thanks, Amy, for taking the time to share your thoughts and your products with everyone!  Wishing you a lot of sales in 2010, to build up that college fund!! 

To see more of Amy's products, visit her Etsy shop, by clicking on the links below.

WEB PAGE

No comments: