Friday, January 8, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BIT'S N' BEADS by GILLIAUNA


Handmade Choker / Necklace - Tranqulity Stone

by BITS N' BEADS by GILLIAUNA

Beautiful stone-like brown nuggets join with gold plated accents and smooth white rounds in this nature inspired choker finished with a tumbled stone pendant. There is a unique, earthy beauty to this OOAK handmade choker.


It is a brand new year and I hope to be featuring a lot of new and interesting artists out here on DZFANTASY.

I'm happy to bring you BITS N' BEADS by GILLIAUNA as my second "featured" Etsy shop. At BITS N' BEADS you will find a wide selection of  beautiful necklaces/chokers, Charms/Key Chains, Earrings, Eyeglass chaings, and a lot more!

Before you pay a visit to this delightful shop, be sure to learn about the two artists who make up "Bits N' Beads".  Below you will be hearing from Zoie, who is one of the partners in this venture.

Bits n' Beads by Gilliauna is a combined effort made up of two friends who partnered together in this endeavor of ours. Zoie and Leal, both create and design jewelry as well as share in the responsibility for all other aspects of our Etsy shop and online selling.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've been crafting for my entire life... *Smile* I come from a long line of women crafters. Each generation of women in my family has had certain talents. My mother sews, embroiders and makes wonderful candy and candles... my grandmother was a potter and sculptor as well as made beautiful hand-crafted porcelain dishes. My great-grandmother made lace and did breathtaking embroidery.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

My mother started me out early looking for what crafts I would take to... and things just progressed from there.



Handmade Gemstone Bracelet - Be Romantic with Rose Quartz and Cloisonne

Rose quartz and white Cloisonné beads with little red and pink flowers are interspersed with silver accents in this handmade and infinitely feminine bracelet. This unique, one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry is then finished off with a decorative toggle clasp.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love working with colors and I absolutely -adore- shiny things. It made jewelry making a very good fit for me. I've also always been drawn to gemstones, their colors and mystical properties are intriguing to me. I often create my pieces based not just on color but also on the stone's properties.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A kiwi. Vibrant inside and out. Unusual and not just sustinance for the eye or body but also the spirit.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Only one? I suppose I'd have to choose ceramics and pottery then. *Smile* I used to work with ceramics when I was in school and I loved sitting at the wheel moulding clay with my hands. The -feel- of the clay combined with the act of creating made this both very relaxing and fulfilling.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That beauty and quality doesn't have to cost you a month's paycheck. That you can combine natural elements into your everyday life and style.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love. You can be good at a great many things that you just hate doing. Talent doesn't necessarily mean enjoyment and you should go after the activities you enjoy.

THANK YOU, Zoie, for taking the time to share your thoughts and the creativity of both you and Leal. 

To see learn and see more about BITS N' BEADS, and what these artists have to offer, be sure to visit the links below!




No comments: