Friday, January 22, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CUT YOUR HEART OUT


My Heart Is Rubber and You Are Glue Necklace
by Jessica
of
CUT YOUR HEART OUT

Just in time for Valentine's Day....! 

 I'm happy to welcome Jessica and her Etsy shop which she calls CUT YOUR HEART OUT.  Pay a visit to Jessica's shop, where you will find her fun jewelry designs like the heart necklace above and the colorful button necklace below.


Button Up Necklace

Read Jessica's interview below to learn a bit more about how she got started creating her fun, funky jewelry.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I've always been the artsy/crafty sort. When I was a kid I was constantly making things out of random objects. I can't think of one time in my life when I wasn't engaged in some sort of art activity, whether it be writing, photography, painting or crafting. A couple of years ago, I started making jewelry and it became a favorite pass time. I don't even remember what sparked the interest other than the fact that I love accessories, but at one point I made way more pieces than I needed so I decided to try my hand at selling some of them on Etsy.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I played around with various materials until I found the ones I liked best. I tend to go for a more eclectic feel so using found objects is my main source of inspiration which are also used in my pieces.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


There's something very therapeutic about creating objects with my hands. I enjoy the time I spend actually making the pieces.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?


A mango. Not so foreign that no one "gets" it, but just exotic enough that it stands out in the fruit bowl.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?


Photography. I have always loved being behind the lens.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?


Individuality, passion, soulfulness.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?


Create with your heart.

Thanks, Jessica, for a great interview, and for sharing your creativity with everyone!  To learn more about Jessica and her creations, be sure to visit her links below.

No comments: