Sunday, January 24, 2010


SWINGING newest design!

For some time now I've been wanting to design and create a little fairy swinging on a vine swing.  Little did I realize that creating the vine swing would take me almost as long to create as the fairy!

I had to sew two long stems wide enough to be able to turn them inside out and have a wire armature in the middle of the stem while stuffing them with fiberfill.  It was a lot harder than I anticipated!  After I finally got a pair sewn and stuffed, I then handpainted them using silk fabric paints.  Once the stems were totally dry, I could them twist them together.  The really hard part was holding them together so that I could sewn them securely and shape them into a swing.

The other trick was trying to hold the fairy in place while positioning her on the swing and sewing her to it at the same time.

I'm thinking it might be a while before I attempt another one of these "swinging fairies".

To learn more about her, click on the link below:


purple said...

Oh she is wonderful!


Thanks for the comment, PURPLE!