Wednesday, April 14, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - Artist, Painter, Illustrator, Gwen Duda at GwensArtDreamscape


Gwen Duda Fine Art Original Oil Painting-titled While I Lie Here...


I'm happy to weclome Gwen Duda, a fine artist and illustrator to be a featured artist here on DZFANTASY. Gwen creates her paintings using oils, acrylics, watercolor and more as her mediums.  Be sure to pay a visit to Gwen's Etsy shop....GWENS ART DREAMSCAPE!  You will find a wonderful variety in her subject matter.

But first....take some time to read Gwen's interview below.  I always find it fascinating to learn a bit about the artist behind the wonderful creations.

What led you to start creating your art?

I was just doing it without any outer motivation. It was totally inner driven. I have always been creating, as a young child as far back as I can remember.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Oils are luscious, mysterious. Acrylics are fast and immediate. I like both. I would love to sculpt, work with glass, metal, clay. I would love to design clothing work with textiles. Papers are beautiful. I would need nine lifetimes to even feel slightly satiated creatively. For now I paint and to get proficient in that skill one does have to study in that area. Painting is the medium that allows me to convey emotions, to help the viewer experience their own life, their own responses, their own emotional terrain. I think that is why I stay focused on it.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Just that, the engagement of the viewer and how it interacts with their world view, their emotional terrain.

Gwen Duda Original Acrylic Painting titled- While the Cat is Away

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art, what would you choose and why?

*laughing* Hmmm, maybe grapes in that you can drink them juiced, ferment them to wine and they change your perception, eat them and be refreshed, or be more than sweetened having them as jam or jelly. My work is eclectic, yet has an similar emotive ability through all my work.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

Music - I think it is even MORE communicative in that it needs no language to convey its message or to connect.

Gwen Duda Fine Art Original Oil Painting 16 in x 16 in Sunflower - Direct from Artist

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?

Each piece has it's own value, its own message to the viewer, and I let it be between them.

What advice do you hve for other artists/crafters?

I paint, I create because I have to. It's part of who I am, it's genetically imbued in my cells I guess you would say. Each has to determine for themselves why they do what they do and why they want to continue or not. Keep the flame alive and don't look to the outside for validation of your work. It's nice if you get it but it won't motivate you consistently. Good luck and good art to you!

Gwen, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and artistic creativity with all of us.  You not only express yourself well with a brush, but also with words.  Great thoughts and paintings!
 
To learn more about Gwen and her creations, be sure to visit her links below:
 

No comments: