Thursday, April 22, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - AUTUMN RAIN CREATIONS BY APRIL

Photography Print 5x7 Summer Day
Late in the summer when all the plants and flowers are big and beautiful.

by April

 of AUTUMN RAIN CREATIONS

WELCOME, April and her Etsy shop, AUTUMN RAIN CREATIONS.  When you pay a visit to April's shop, you will find a lovely selection of -  Photographic Art, Handcrafted and Upcycled Vintage Earrings. Craft Supplies. Flax Pillow Packs. Vintage Treasures.

Before you visit, AUTUMN RAIN CREATIONS, take a moment to read April's interview  below to get a bit of an "insight" into what started April on her creative adventures.

What led you to start creating your art/craft

I don't think there was anything that led me to start doing this it's just there in me always has been. My grandmother, dad and my daughter are very artistic, so it has always been around me one way or the another. It may sound cliche, but as a child I was always creating something. I have always been intrigued and interested in all art. I love being around it.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have always just worked with what I enjoyed and felt drawn to at that moment.


Purple Glass Copper Dangle Earrings


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

The solidarity aspect is most enjoyable to me. That's when I just put my whole self into my project and nothing else is on my mind but the creation itself.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

When I am taking pictures, I really see so much of the beauty of nature (God's labor) so I guess I would have to say fruit.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Probably painting. I use to draw and paint when I was young and have always wanted to start back up again. My daughter is 17 and paints/draws so artisticly. It motivates me.


Purple Leaves Eye Pillow

Eye Pillow Pack filled with Flaxseed. Use cold or hot. Heat in microwave in intervals to achieve gentle moist warmth or store in refrigerator/freezer too cool or help unpuff eyes. Wonderful for a number of aches and pains. Measures 9x3 inches. Made of cotton fabric and flaxseed.



What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I think it's more of a personal inner strength than a message for me. I do it because it makes me feel good, it's calming, it's a creative outlet and sharing it helps me show how I feel about life at that time.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I don't believe in what's best selling or following the trend. My advise would be draw your creativity from your heart and roll with it.

Thanks, April, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity here on DZFANTASY.
 
To learn more about April and her art, be sure to visit the links below.

No comments: