Monday, April 26, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - GILDED OWL JEWELRY

Calamity Jane... Opal and Fine Silver Earrings


Original Designs by Chris Wrinn

It is a pleasure to have Chris and her exquisite, original designed jewelry here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy artist.  Chris' Etsy shop is called GILDED OWL JEWELRY. When you pay a visit to GILDED OWL JEWELRY, you will find a wonderful selection of  pendants/necklaces, earrings, bracelets and more.

Let's learn a bit more about Chris and her artistic creativity by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft

I am a commercial illustrator by profession, but needed a relaxing, yet creative, outlet. The focus involved with designing jewelry is both refreshing and spontaneous. It lets me wander where I want.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Metals, especially wire and precious metals, have always appealed to me. Although I didn't know what to do with them until I took a course, there was always 'something about them' in the back of my mind.


Punk Phun Turquoise and Silver Pendant

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Spontaneity and not knowing how pieces will turn out. Sometimes you get a bolt of creativity and haven't a clue where it came from. It can take one by surprise. I also like to mold precious metal clays into unique patterns and designs that you can't get with traditional sheet metals. Wire wrapping is another aspect I enjoy. The wire can take on what seems a life of its own and lead you into places you wouldn't think of going. Every piece is unique.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Vegetable. Vegetables have much more texture than fruits.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Icing. I've done painting and metalwork, so the one thing left that interests me is taking the creative side of me and making Decorating Cakes into something rather unique. It's amazing what can be done with icing!

14K Gold Filled Classic Circlet Earrings

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want my designs to grab your attention at first glance and I want the wearer to receive compliments. I'd like the customer be proud of the piece.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Find your passion and keep doing it. It may not be the easier way or it may not be the one you are more successful at, but keep at it. As long as you are happy when you are in the process of creating, that's what you should be doing.

Thanks, Chris, for a great interview and taking the time to share your wonderful creations with all of us.  Great style and workmanship! Your creations reflect that you love what you do!

Be sure to visit the links below to see more of Chris' work.

No comments: