Sunday, November 21, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CAT IN A CUP

(CLICK on the item's title above to learn more!)

WELCOME, Olga and her new Etsy shop, CAT IN A CUP!  If you are looking for fun, colorful clip art to enhance your own projects, be sure to pay a visit to CAT IN A CUP.  Olga says she will be continually adding new items, so you might just want to "favorite" her shop.

Take a moment to read Olga's interview below where she tells us in her own words how CAT IN A CUP came into being.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I´ve always liked creating things. As a child I would draw pictures, small comics, make clothes for my dolls, etc. So, it was a natural thing for me to study Fine Arts and continue creating things. I think I especially like art and crafts because it´s a way to express myself, to create not only a craft but also the whole character and a story.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

There are so many mediums I want to work with! I haven´t decided yet. But for now my favorite is the computer, but I also like to make toys, and I need materials and sewing for that. And I enjoy painting with acrylics on small canvas. As you can see it´s impossible to choose only one medium.

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more)

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

A good thing and a bad thing about creating art is the total freedom of it. I don´t have timetables, and I love it, any moment of inspiration is good for creating. But, it can be a bad thing as well, as I find it hard to finnish the project I´m working on, there´s always somthing to add or to improve. I really need some schedule.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

A tomato, it´s very versatile, for some people it´s a fruit and for others it´s a vegetable, it´s usually red but can be yellow and green as well. Just as my art, I love so many styles and ways of creating.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

If I had to choose only one, it would be the traditional medium. There´s something about it that digital art cannot offer me. It would be painting because for me it´s much easier to paint than to sew, and so I can create more.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want to create something that people can use in their everyday life, something that would add fun, creativity and inspiration to the usual routine.

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more)

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

The advice that I was given by many artists and crafters is to create what you really like. I couldn´t agree more. When you are working on something you really like, you get the best results and enjoy the process more.  Of course it´s not always possible, but one tries.

THANKS, Olga, for a delightful interview and for sharing your creative, fun digital art with everyone.

To see more of what CAT IN A CUP has to offer be sure to visit the links below.

No comments: