Wednesday, November 10, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - JEWELRY KALEIDOSCOPE

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)


WELCOME, Laura and her Etsy shop JEWELRY KALEIDOSCOPE where she sells vintage items, along with beautiful hand embroidered items, such as the lovely dish towel above.

I think it is always interesting to know a bit more about the person behind each Etsy shop, so take a moment to read Laura's interview below.  Then..........hop on over to her shop by clicking on the links below.  Laura has a lot of delightful items to choose from, both in her hand embroidery and vintage items.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I grew up in a college town that had a program like big sister, I have 5 brothers so I was in this program and that is who taught me to do hand embroidery, I think I was around 10 years old.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love all the colors of the floss to choose from.


(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love to see the piece come alive when the black lines get turned to color. And I love flowers so, this is another way to make them bloom.


(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Strawberry, they start out as a flower, then a small hard berry, and grow into a pretty red berry.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Watercolors, I love all the colors,

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I like to think I have brightened someone's day with one of my embroidered item, maybe put a smile on their face.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Have fun doing your crafts and don't be afraid to try some new ones.

THANKS, Laura for taking the time to share your thoughts and creations with all of us.

You can see more of Laura's items by visiting her links below.

No comments: