Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BRASS CAT STUDIOS

by
BRASS CAT STUDIOS
(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)

WELCOME, Xeque and her Etsy shop BRASS CAT STUDIOS.  I love the unique colors and textures of the above necklace!  When you pay a visit to BRASS CAT STUDIOS you will find other delightful creations created by Xeque....both vintage and modern jewelry, along with some supplies, etc.

Let's find out how Xeque (pronounced just like X), got started in her creative endeavors by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

One day I started playing with my sister's beads. I was having so much fun just making patterns and color schemes with plastic beads and stretchy string, I decided I had to start getting some real supplies.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've tried so many different crafts. Oftentimes I would enjoy it for a very short while then it would just fizzle out. Jewelry was something I had tried on numerous occasions in my childhood, but it wasn't till later on when I experimented with my sister's beads I realized just how much I loved it and that it was the one thing I never tired of. So I wanted to try my hand at selling to help fund the craft.

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

It's a really good feeling to share with others what you've created with your own hands. My family and friends always enjoyed receiving my jewelry as gifts, but when I started being encouraged by total strangers who saw my jewelry, it gave me the confidence to give Etsy a try. The unity in people who create handmade goods makes the experience so much more enjoyable.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
 Passion fruit, because I'm passionate about what I do.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Hmm...does writing count? If so, because I've always loved writing, and do have the hope to publish someday. If not, art, because in the past I really enjoyed drawing before I started making jewelry.

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it)

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I don't feel I have a message really. I just have fun, and hope people have fun wearing what I make.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I think anyone is capable as long as they love what they do. Your craft shouldn't be a chore, it should be something you enjoy doing. People will care about your work as much as you care about it.


Xeque, is has been a real pleasure to have you and your unique creations here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy artist.  Thanks for taking the time to share not only or creations, but also for a great interview.

To see more of Xeque's creations, be sure to BRASS CAT STUDIOS by clicking on either the thumbnail photos or shop name below.

1 comment:

Dumpster Rental said...

This accessories are really wonderful... Amazing designs...