Monday, November 8, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - DaRosa's Children's Art by Rose


PERSONALIZATION and MORE COLORS available!
CLICK on item's title to learn more!

WELCOME, Rose, and her delightful, whimsical creations, which she sells in her Etsy shop, DaRosa's Children's Art.  Fun, colorful drawings to brighten any child's room and to stimulate their imagination.

Take a moment to read Rose's interview below, where she tells us in her own words how she got started on this fun venture!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

For my 28th birthday I got an easel, canvases and paint from my mother. I started to create and a colleague was looking for something original for the nursery of his son. The zebra, giraffe and monkey were born! I tweaked the design a bit since then, but I stuck to the bright colors and black outlines.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I started with oil paint and spent a lot of money on buying new paints. As a beginner, I wasted too much with mixing to get the right color. Oil also takes longer to dry and is more expensive. For the work I do, acrylic is the best!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?


I always paint the eyes in last and that gives my animals the funny/cute look. I also like sketching new creatures and make custom pieces for my customers.

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more about it!)
 MORE OPTIONS possible

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Uhm...does jelly BEANS count? Lots of bright colors!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to get familiar with the art of screen printing to make baby clothing with my art work.

 painting on stretched canvas
(CLICK on item's title above to learn more!)


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Visual stimulation! Babies can’t see very well in the beginning. My art stimulates the development of eyesight. My son of 1.5 years still loves my work and can name the animals and make their sounds...

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Listen to other people.... If you like what you create, that doesn’t mean that others do. I just started with more detail in my pictures and they sell. My boyfriend hinted that..

THANKS, Rose for a wonderful interview and for sharing your colorful, whimsical creations with everyone.

To learn more about Rose and her delightful creations, be sure to visit the links below.  It is never to early to develop your child's imagination! 

No comments: