Thursday, September 4, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - JOANNA GOLDMAN DESIGNS

LET'S ALL GO TO THE LOBBY
by Joanna Goldman

Now I could already tell this artist has a sense of humor just by seeing her "favorite pick" from her Etsy shop!! What fun! I've taken a bit of Joanna's profile from her Etsy shop and added it here, to give you a greater insight into this artist's creativity!

"Cartoonist, Illustrator, Animator, craftsperson... I just love to draw! Here's a bit about me: Recently, I've had a very busy few of months. I graduated with honors from a Seneca College’s Post Grad program in Visual Effects for film and television, moved from Toronto to Montreal, and got a full time job, all in the span of 1 week!My day job is as a Motion Graphics/ Visual Effects artist. I am currently working on a show called "Deconstructed" due to air on The Discovery Channel in September."

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My mom is a painter- so she introduced me to art at a very young age. A couple years ago, I was browsing the internet and randomly found Etsy. This was one of the best finds ever for me! As I was looking around, I got inspired to get my own prints made. The rest is history!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Lots, and lots, and lots of experimentation. I had the opportunity to try out a number of different mediums and processes because of my post secondary schooling background. I’ve done film, painting, drawing, crafts, and so much more.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love drawing. My favorite part is watching a rough sketch grown into a real character with personality.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

An orange- because they are sweet!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I’m currently doing a lot of Motion Graphics video work. I like this because it’s a great way to go more in depth into my illustration style.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want people to smile when they look at my work.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep on creating!

Your work definitely makes ME smile, Joanna! Thanks, for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with us. Be sure to visit Joanna's Etsy shop, to see what other fun items she has to offer.




WEB PAGE

BLOG



No comments: