Sunday, November 8, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - THE MAY FLOWER



DARK CINDERELLA
by
MAY of THE MAY FLOWER

This is such a fun dress to wear. I love the tutu style. It's so cute. This can be worn in only specific places and I suggest a fun dress-up party or a masquerade ball. With a mask and a fascinator, this dress can go a long way! I basically used black fabric and black tulle to create the 3 tiers of the tutu. In the pictures, it doesn't look like there is a bottom, but this is supposed to be more fabric that reaches past the third tier of tulle. It still resembles the picture though, don't worry. This item will be individually wrapped in tissue paper and shipped in a small box with tags and instructions on washing.


WELCOME, May and her Etsy shop THE MAY FLOWER.  Pay a visit to THE MAY FLOWER, and you will find a selection of fun, striking clothing and jewelry! 

Learn a bit more about May, by reading her interview below. It is always fun to see the motivation, behind each artist's creations.


Purple bead silver bead cap bracelet with silver lobster clasp


What led you to start creating your art/craft

In 8th grade, I really disliked what most of the girls wore in my school. They all bought items from Abercrombie&Fitch and no one seemed different to me. So, I decided that I was going to be original and start making clothes for myself.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love the finished product on the client/model. It's satisfying to see how a dress or a shirt can accentuate a person's best features. That's my favorite part.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would say a peach. It's satisfying to feel the juice traveling down your chin as you bite into one. To me, it's satisfying to see simple fabric draped into the final product, like it was effortless.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

None. Fabric is the way to go for me.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Every woman can look sexy with the right clothes on. You have to know what to wear and how to wear it. I want to show that even if you don't have curves, I can make it look like you do. No matter what, there is a garment out there that will compliment your body shape very well. What I love most is to accentuate the legs, back and shoulders. Legs and back may only be good for some, but every female has sexy shoulders.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't rush to get a garment done. Even though you might feel like you're not selling enough items on your shop. Take your time and create a masterpiece, instead of another it-could-have-been-better piece.

THANKS, May, for giving us a peek into your thoughts, and for sharing your delightful clothes with everyone!

To learn more about May, visit her links below.


No comments: