Thursday, May 6, 2010

FEATUARED ETSY SHOP - HATT STREET

SALE Teal button toque

by Kendra
This toque will beat the competition black and blue. Think girlie toques are just for sissies? Think again! Bright blue teal and black keep this toque edgy and tough. Blue spirals down to the black brim, and two off white buttons finish the punch.





Let's welcome Kendra and her Etsy shop, HATT STREET. Pay a visit to HATT STREET, and you will find an array of lovely, colorful crocheted items...jewelry, spring toques, WINTER SALE ITEMS and more.  First, take a moment to learn a bit more about Kendra and her creations by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My dad taught me how to crochet when I was young, and my mum also taught me how to knit. I kept forgetting how to knit, though, so after the first ten times she showed me, I gave it up as a bad job! The crocheting stuck, and when I saw how much toques sold for in stores, I decided to start making my own. Plus, that way I got to pick whatever colours I wanted! People started commenting on my toques, and I started making them as gifts, and things grew from there.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Ah, can we blame genetics?! I never made a conscious choice to create with wool, but it works for me!

The Daffodil Bracelet

Nothing says spring like daffodils. April is also Daffodil Month with the Canadian Cancer Society, and this bracelet combines a crocheted daffodil with their royal blue colours to help spread the word. The band of the bracelet is stretchy, and measures 7" around when relaxed, and can stretch up to 11" at the maximum.  $2 from the proceeds of this sale will go to cancer research.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love a challenge. I love creating custom orders for people and seeing their reactions to my work. I love trying new things and writing my own patterns.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I want to say a potato but I don't know why...


The Slouchy Toque

Lightweight and bright, this toque is the perfect accessory for those cool spring evenings when you just want that little extra warmth without getting a jacket. Slouch fit with a snug band, in a cotton blend yarn.



If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Food! I love to cook, and I make some pretty excellent cakes.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I don't think I have a message, exactly... Just want people to have fun with winter!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Let yourself be creative. Go with what works for you, and have fun with it!


THANKS, Kendra, for sharing your thoughts and creativity with all of us.  Kendra has some great sales going on now for her winter items, so don't pass up the chance to get beautiful, handmade creations at great prices.

No comments: