Thursday, May 20, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LOVE, MADDY

Cherries pink and red cabochons - 6 pc. set

This listing is for 6 resin flat back beads (cabochons). Features very lovely cherries in red, pale pink, and fuchsia. The stem has a flower with a rhinestone center. You will received 2 of each color.

Let's welcome Stevie-Lynn and her fun, colorful Etsy shop LOVE, MADDY.  Pay a visit to LOVE, MADDY where you will find delightful, colorful beads to add to your own creative designs. You will also find a selection of fabrics in Stevie-Lynn's shop.

Take a moment to read Stevie-Lynn's interview below, where you will learn how she became involved in her current venture.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I originally sold note cards in my shop. Combining my love of fabric and sewing with paper. I'd cut images from fabric and sew them onto paper. But it seemed not to be very popular among customers, so I eventually pulled them all from my shop. Now I just focus on selling supplies.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love fabric, so I decided to sell cute fabric from Japan.



What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Nowadays I don't really have much time for crafting, but I like being able to provide nice sewing/crafting supplies to others at affordable prices.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

I'd choose a strawberry. They're cute and sweet; which sums up many of the things I sell in my shop.

Sweet green designs fabric (SALE ITEM)

1 fat quarter of fabric (18x22 inches) featuring a cute Japanese print in green. Features varous animals, ribbons, bows, and buttons.



If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

I've always wanted to try needle felting or polymore clay. I just love the 3D aspect you get from stuff made from them.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

When I made note cards, I wanted the time and care I put into making them to come across to my buyer. So I would stamp them "Handmade with love". Now since I just sell supplies, I still package my items with the same stamped image. Because I hope that the love and appreciation for the items will show through and enhance the buyer's own crafts.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

The only advice I have is to keep your eyes open and take inspiration from different things. Also, never be afraid to try a new craft or medium.

Thanks, Stevie-Lynn, for taking the time to share your thoughts and colorful supplies with everyone.  Be sure to visit the links below to see what fun supplies you might find at LOVE, MADDY for your next creative project.

No comments: