Thursday, May 27, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - FinE.R. JEWELRY

Sterling Silver Daisy Bracelet SRA

Emily of FinE.R. Jewelry

"This unique one-of-a-kind bracelet features 3 lampwork beads handmade by myself. The main bead is white with yellow center in the shape of a daisy. The 2 smaller ones are yellow. I used swarovski crystals in matching colors to compliment the lampwork beads and add a little bit of sparkle. All of the findings are sterling silver. This bracelet is about 7 1/4" to 7 1/2" long."


WELCOME, Emily and her Etsy shop, FinE.R. Jewelry, where she sells her handmade jewelry and lampwork beads.  When you pay a visit to this delightful shop, you will find necklaces, bracelets and watches with unique lampwork bead bands, and more.


Take a moment to learn about Emily and her creativity by reading her interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?


My sister-in-law makes lampwork beads and so one time when we went to visit her she showed me how, and I was hooked! It was hard to pry me away from the torch. We live 1,600 miles away so for about the next year or so I only had a couple of weeks to make beads when we went to visit. She decided to get a new kiln and oxygen concentrator and was going to give me her old ones. My hubby surprised me one day with a torch. Then there was no stopping me.


Watch- Brown w/ Blue and White Flowers Lampwork Beads SRA

This unique one-of-a-kind watch has 8 lampwork beads handmade by myself. It is 8" long so if you have a smaller wrist it will fit looser like a bracelet and if you have a bigger wrist it will fit tighter. It has a lobster claw style clasp. It has a working battery, I pulled out the stem to save battery life.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Soon after my hubby got me a torch and my sister-in-law gave me some of her equipment, I was getting quite a collection of beads, so I decided to start making jewelry.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Making lampwork beads is very relaxing to me. I can lose hours. I just love trying new things and seeing what happens, but I also really enjoy making them into jewelry, and the "oooo that's so pretty" I get when I wear something I have made!


Earrings- Ivory and Blue w/ Blue Swarovski Crystals SRA

These unique one of a kind earrings have lampwork beads handmade by myself. Each earring has a lampwork bead and a swarovski crystal. The lampwork beads are ivory with a blue swirl.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm... I guess a watermelon. Who doesn't love watermelon! With my jewelry and lampwork beads there is something for everyone. I use many different colors in my beads and jewelry. I can even make tie tacks and cuff links for the guys!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Pottery has always interested me. It is something I would love to try one day. I just haven't gotten a chance yet.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I'm not one who tries for the strange or wacky creations. I want my jewelry to be something that people can wear everyday and love!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Never give up in finding your niche!

Emily, it was delightful having you here on DZFANTASY as a featured Etsy artist, and see all your lovely creations.  Thanks for sharing!

To see more of Emily's work, be sure to visit her Etsy shop by clicking on the thumbnails or link below.

No comments: