Saturday, May 8, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - KIRAMEKU

Berry Ring - Limited Edition

by Kirameku


It is my pleasure to have Maxime and her Etsy shop here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist.  I thought her shop name was very unique, so it was interesting to read in her Profile, how she chose the name....KIRAMEKU......"As for my shop’s name, it’s actually a Japanese word to describe the shine of the ocean and the diamonds. I thought it fit the shop so perfectly, because, I go crazy for everything that shines!"

Take a moment to read Maxime's interview below to learn a little bit about her, and then be sure to visit KIRAMEKU to see her lovely creations.

Sparkling glass crystal bracelet

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

For jewlery; I would say simply curiosity at first, when I was younger. I left that hobby aside and picked it up a few years later beacause I couldn`t find jewlery that suited my tastes. As for arts, it is my biggest passion, so I just kept studiying it and experimenting, they are just too many possibilities ! It is so fun !


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
The medium for art took a while. After trying out oils, watercolors, gouache and acrylics, I saw that I like the waterbased one better, so there you go. As for the jewlery, I would simply say anything that shines I love !

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I think it is the experimenting part that I love the most, I`m so curious ! I just love to discover new techniques.

Turquoise Flower Paper Earrings - Limited edition


If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would say berries. You simply have to take a peek at my Etsy mini and you will know exactly why.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

 Hum, I already touch a lot of medias so I would probably say painting on wood.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

If my art could talk, it would say: look around, see the beauty within everything.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Hum, advice... I would probably say document as much as you can, you can never learn enough on your media. Knowing it inside and out is a must.

Thanks, Maxime, for sharing your thoughts and lovely creativity with all of us. 

To see more of Maxime's work, be sure to visit her links below.

No comments: