Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - MANDALA MAGIC1 by Anat

CLICK on the mandala's title above to learn more about this colorful work of art!

An original hand painted mandala.

by Anat

I'm very happy to have Anat and her Etsy shop, MANDALA MAGIC1 here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist.  I love not only her colorful, mandala works of art, but also the spiritual meaning behind them.  You will want to be sure to visit MANDALA MAGIC1 to see all the beautiful designs!   When you pay a visit to Anat's MANDALA MAGIC1 you will find a delightful choice of many colorful designs, such as the mandala above, and even card sets which you can enjoy coloring yourself.

First, take a moment to learn a bit more about this delightful artist and her creations.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Since I was a little child I always had a big attraction towards crafts.

 I was drawing  on every possible thing, but never studied art. When I grew up, I started traveling all over the globe and was exposed to so many amazing things. In India and Nepal I sat with silversmiths, in Japan I studied Sumi-e ( an ancient japanese drawing technique), I used to do macrame jeweley, did some weaving and actually touched almost any crafting material that came through me. All the time I was drawing and painting as presents for friends until friends of friends wanted to buy my stuff, so I started selling them.


So I can say that maybe being born led me to start creating...


(CLICK on item's title above to learn more!)

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I tried almost everything but realized that I enjoy the most to sit in front of a blank paper and see it getting colored.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

My art is not just the visual side of it, it also have a spiritual meaning. I get the meaning throughout drawing and that makes me study so much. Almost every print comes with a little card that has the story of the painting and what does it mean. I enjoy to learn and to share this knowledge with my customers.

 FREE shipping for Christmas in July

(CLICK on item's title above to learn more!)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose and why?

Mango, definitely! Sweet with sour touch, juicy, exotic and makes you happy, satisfied and yet longing for more of it once you tasted it.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I use my creativity in more mediums...I do mirror mosaic mandalas, wall painting, decorations for festivals and events, teaching mandala courses, playing the guitar, singing and more...Actually, the question for me has to be: if you had more hours in a day, what more would you do?


FREE shipping for Christmas in July
(CLICK on item's title above to learn more!)

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I love it when art has a deep meaning and this is what I would like to pass on.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Not only for artists, but for everybody: follow your heart and leave your fears behind.

THANK YOU, Anat for sharing your beautiful, inspirational works of art and also for your thoughts!  You sounds like you have been blessed with many forms of creativity and it is wonderful that you share this with the world!

To see more of Anat's beautiful creations be sure to visit her links below.

4 comments:

Guy Schleffer said...

Your work is amazing. Nice to get to know the person behind them.

OrlyDesign said...

Love your work Anat !!
So much talent !

schickimickis said...

very interesting post
and wonderful colorful work!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Dvora, Orly and schickimickis for your comment, and of course- a B-I-G thank to Donna who runs this beautiful blog.