Friday, July 23, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - toastory

by
toastory
(CLICK on item's above title to learn more)

Let's welcome, Judy and her Etsy shop which she calls "toastory".  Pay a visit to Judy's shop and you will find unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry and accessories.

First take a moment to read Judy's interview below.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Ever since I was a little kid, I love drawing, painting, and crafting. I loved creating things for my family and me. I always refined some existing designs with my whimsical thoughts.



(CLICK on above title to learn more about this item)
Colorful floral printed scarf made by knitted chiffon with black charmeuse.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

With all my creations, I started with hand-stitching when I was little. I remember the first bag I made is a small little jeans handbag with a little patchwork. Soon thereafter, I have learned the most practical skills I ever felt, which was sewing. I tried to make decorations, bags, accessories, anything that can be created by a sewing machine.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I try my best to create an accessory that has not existed, and hope customers would find something unique and represent them.

(CLICK on item's above title to learn more)


If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would choose bookmaking. I always do it in my spare time, and love to play with differents texture of papers.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My mission is to create an adorable, but stylish accessory that you would adore.


(CLICK on item's above title to learn more)


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be unique, not to easily get influenced by the others.


Thanks, Judy, for taking the time to share your lovely, unique creations and your thoughts with everyone.  To see more of Judy's designs, be sure to visit the links below.

2 comments:

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Hi There,

My name is Rory and I thought you might be interested in stopping by my blog. I hold link parties twice a week, that Etsy Store Owners are invited to attend. I allow them to post up to 5 of their store items and get a little FREE advertising for their stores. I am a huge fan of handmade. I do these parties for FREE, as a sort of "pay it forward" favor to some pretty hard working craftspeople out there. I would like to personally invite you to attend and participate. Here is the direct link to my latest party...

http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/2010/07/link-party-time-modern-craftswoman_25.html

Thank you,

Rory

Salad Recipes said...

Hi nicce reading your blog