Sunday, June 27, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LIL BITTY BOWS

(Click on item's title above to learn more about it)
by

Tara of LIL BITTY BOWS

Let's welcome Tara and her Etsy shop, LIL BITTY BOWS!  Pay a visit to LIL BITTY BOWS and you will find a delightful assortment of colorful, fun hair accessories to dress up your little girls!  Tara designs and creates no slip hair clips, flower stretch bands, bottlecap bows (like the one pictured above), hair bows and a lot more.

Before you head on over to LIL BITTY BOWS, take time to read Tara's interview below.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?


I started making hair clips shortly after my oldest daughter was born. She had the craziest hair I had ever seen on a little girl. I couldn't find a hair clip that would stay in her hair, until someone gave me a name brand No-Slip Hair Clip, after very careful inspection of her clip I was convinced that I could make these clips myself, and that's what I did. It wasn't until just recently that I learned how to make different types of hair bows and bottle caps. I am always on the internet learning new techniques.


(Click on on items title to learn more about it)

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I use grosgrain ribbon for most of my bows and clips. It is a nice sturdy ribbon and holds it shape well.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love seeing people wear and enjoy the hair accessories that I have made.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

This is probably the Italian coming out in me, but I would say GARLIC. just as Garlic will compliment many recipes, a pretty little hair bow or headband will compliment any outfit.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would say jewelry making. I have never actually tried to make any jewelry, but have always been interested in learning.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That all of my products are made with love. Each and every one of my hair accessories were made as if I were making them for my own daughters.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't give up!! If it is something that you truly love to do, than stick with it. I came across this quote the other day and loved it. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."


Thanks, Tara, for sharing your thoughts and delightful hair accessories with all of us.

To see more of what LIL BITTY BOWS has to offer, be sure to visit the links below.

No comments: