Friday, June 4, 2010

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - SUGARLILAC JEWELRY by MARISSA

Sky Dream Necklace, Aqua Blue Glass Teardrop Trio, Faceted Briolette in Brass

by Marissa of SUGAR LILAC


I'm happy to have Marissa and her Etsy shop, SUGAR LILAC, here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist. Marissa designs beautiful, "unusual bohemian & nostalgic altered vintage"  style jewelry in the form of necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more, so be sure to visit SUGAR LILAC!

First take a moment to learn a little bit more about Marissa and how she got started on her jewelry creating venture.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started making jewelry as a small hobby , but it didn’t take long for me to grow more and more interested in it. I always loved art and being creative!  A few years later, I am happily making jewelry all the time.


African Turquoise Rhinestone Earrings, sea Green stone, Titanium French Hook Earwire

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

It’s difficult for me to decide what mediums to work with because I have so many ideas. Some of my favorites are brightly colored gemstones, brass, and silver. Lately, I’ve also been doing these stamped bracelets in aluminum, which I’ve found to be a very cool and more affordable alternative to silver. The bracelets are pretty popular and they are a great price. I do wish I could do more metalsmithing , if only I had my own torch.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

My favorite aspect of creating jewelry is being able to share it with others.


Aqua Terra Mermaid Necklace , Long gold, Ocean Blue Impression Jasper

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I guess I would choose a strawberry, because it is a sweet, wonderful treat! Also happens to be my favorite food.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity" what would that be and why?

Another medium I love working in is oil painting. I love to paint and don’t do it often enough.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

If I could convey a message, it would be love! Jewelry is often given as a token of love, appreciation, friendship. I hope I can help deliver these messages and make someone very happy.

TidePool Bracelet , Trio of Aqua Terra Blue Impression Jasper


What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

My advice to other artists would be to never give up on your art. Just keep creating, keep working, because that’s what keeps you going!

Marissa, thanks for sharing your beautiful creations and your thoughts with everyone. One can tell from your designs that you really enjoy what you do! 

To see more of Marissa's work, be sure to visit her links below.

No comments: