Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BUTTERFLY FAIRY WINGS





I designed these colorful BUTTERFLY FAIRY WINGS as wall accents. While they can be hung just about anywhere you want a bit of color, whimsy, and magic, they really look great if they are grouped with flower photos or nature photos!

Each face is 100% silk, which I hand-draw, needle-sculpt and hand-paint. The wing pattern is one that I designed, and it is lightly stuffed with acrylic fiberfill, top-stitched into a design and has inner wire armatures. There is a loop on the back for hanging.

Sometimes when people saw them at my art shows this past summer, I don't think they could visualize how they could display them. I have several of them in various rooms in my home, and they make you smile when you look at them. I have added photos here to give you any idea what you can do to display them.

Their hairdos are created from fun, colorful yarns, with unique textures and fibers.

I love to take closeups of flowers, so it is really a fun way to give a splash of color to any room in your home or office.





I have several of these "WINGS" listed out on my DZFANTASY Etsy shop. So be sure to take a look.

No comments: