Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST..DEBORAH BACH-BRITZMAN

WELCOME, DEBORAH..I'm happy to have you here as one of my "featured artists", and know others will enjoy hearing, in your own words, what you have to say about your art.
Here is what Deborah has to say.....

A little about me…I’ve been crafting since I was 9 years old. I still have that 1st lumpy clay item – bunny or elephant, can’t tell what it is – for inspiration. Besides making jewelry, I love to sew & quilt and will try any other craft that looks fun/new/unique. I've been selling my jewelry at private parties and shows for over 2 years and selling online since 2002.

What led you to start creating your art?

I've worked with fabric art for many years but haven't had the time since son #2 came along. After seeing what my friends were paying for jewelry, I decided to create my own - different colors, shapes, techniques - all at affordable levels. They now make up the bulk of my client base and have different jewelry for different outfits.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I love the look of natural stones and love how easy it is to incorporate even the largest stone into a cohesive look by wiring it in. I'm now in love with copper, heating it to create different colors is so much fun!

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?

Putting together the right combination of stones and beads until it just "clicks."

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?
We're all unique, and unique is beautiful!

What advice do you have for other artists?

Make what you love, don't feel pressured to follow trends or try to figure out what people will buy. If you love it, someone else will too.







If you'd like to see more of Deborah's work, vist her FLICKR site:

FLICKR

No comments: