Tuesday, June 3, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST....Elena Diadenko-Hunter


I was roaming around Etsy the other day looking at all the varied art work out there, and was thrilled to f ind this very talented artist!

I contacted Elena to see if she would like to share her thoughts, ideas and art with us. Happily, she agreed to take the time to tell us about herself and her art.
The above photo is just one of her many delightful works of art! It is really hard to choose a favorite! I love the color and whimsey of it!

Read below to hear what Elena has to say about her beginnings as an artist, and to see more of her colorful work, be sure to visit her web page and Etsy shop. Her links will be below:

Elena, the "budding" young artist!




I love art so much that it is like breathing to me. I do it because I cannot live without it; I see the whole world through the eyes of an artist. My art speaks for my soul. Sometimes, it is happy and pleasing. Other times, it is sad and controversial. Always, it is colorful, unique, and imaginative. My art reflects my love of humanity, the power and beauty of women, and the confusion life brings to us.
I believe art should be very powerful and complex. Somebody once said that art imitates life. Life is complex, so why shouldn't art be? Art should encompass our emotions, experiences and beliefs. It should tell stories, protest injustices, inspire the imagination, nourish spiritually, make people think, please, amuse, inflict pain, confuse, enlighten, and sometimes anger. Everybody feels these feelings, but artists transform these feelings into paintings, sculptures, poems, movies, songs, and plays. My passion is painting. I use color, line and a variety of art methods to express myself.
I was born in Ukraine, and I started painting at the age of 2. I knew then that I wanted to become an artist. I became serious at the age of 10. Between the ages of 11 and 22, I attended 3 specialized art schools, which were very rigorous, but they made an artist out of me. What I learned primarily from my education in the former Soviet Union is that there are 3 aspects to becoming a great artist: great technique, creativity, and years of hard work.


What led you to start creating your art?


As long as I remember myself being a child, I always wanted to be an artist, and that desire never stoped inside of me.


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I choose my medium depending on the theme of my work.


What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?


I enjoy when people understand what I am trying to say through my work.


If you had to choose a fruit or a vegetable to describe your work, what would it be and why? (this is a crazy little question I put in)


It would be a kaledoscope, because I can not stop at one particular style of work, I love variety.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?


Every painting has its own message.


What advice do you have for other artists?


Be creative, learn from others and produce your own unique art.




ELENA'S WEB PAGE













No comments: