Monday, June 23, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - EllaParry On Line Art Shop

I love this artist's whimsical, charming drawings, and am happy Ella agreed to take the time to share her art and thoughts with us.

Below you will hear in Ella's own words what she has to say about how she got started in her art and how she feels about it.

Be sure to take the time to visit Ella's shop out on Etsy and also her other links.

Hello! I'm a Brit artist who's really Chinese, originally from Cambodia, lived in Hong Kong, Thailand, Lau, Maco, now living in the UK with my lovely muscian husband for nearly 10 years.


What led you to start creating your art?
I have always had a strong passion for art ever since I was able to pick up my first pencil as a child. After ten years of working and living just to pay bills, and not living the life I always dreamed of, I finally decided to leave my full time job to be a full time freelance illustrator, and try to make my dream come true for myself. Last November, I was lucky and found Etsy!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
It is based on the environment in which I live, I live in a small place and have little time for art and creating, so I chose coloured pencils for my main medium because it is easy to handle within the limited space I have. In addition, it has allowed me to draw anytime when I can. I love to use a watercolour paper mixed with coloured pencils, which makes for a very great texture.

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?
I enjoy every single moment for creative from the research to complete it. It makes me feel I am alive again.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art, what would you choose, and why?
I would choose fruit--- the tropical fruit. It is colourful, attractive, warm, sweet and feels like sunshine.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?
I convey my dreams and emotions into my pieces. I enjoy designing characters with surreal gestures in extraordinary scenes that I could be in. By creating my own atmosphere, I aim to make people feel relaxed, smile and forget all the worries they have in the real world and bring them into a fantasy.

What advice do you have for other artists?
Don’t give up your dream, we only live once, do what you want for yourself, and be proud of yourself.

THANKS ELLA, for sharing your thoughts and art with us! I always love to hear when someone has followed their dreams! HAPPY CREATING!



ELLA'S BLOG

ELLA'S MY SPACE

1 comment:

ella parry said...

THANK you so much !!! DZ.

love Ellax