Saturday, October 18, 2008

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST - ELAINE HAYDON JEWELRY - semi precious gemstone accessories


I'm happy to have Elaine Haydon with her exquisite jewelry out here on DZFANTASY as a featured artist. The bracelet above is absolutely breathtaking!
You really must take the time to visit Elaine's Etsy shop to see all of her wonderful creations. First, let's hear what Elaine has to say about her adventure as a jewelry artist.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

A love of art, jewelry & a strong desire to work from home & raise my children.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I worked in the retail & merchandising end of the fashion industry for about 15 years. I think it stems from that, really, more than anything else. I have a passion for fashion & accessories. And I LOVE jewelry. I'm particularly drawn to unique natural gemstones.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love every aspect of it- except the photography and marketing (which are the most important parts of selling online). Mainly, I love sitting down with the stones & just creating without sketching. That's really when I do my best work.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm...that's a tough one. I would probably choose a bunch of grapes. I'm really drawn to clustering gemstones right now & curled headpins, which actually remind me of grapes.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would have to say pastels. I have loved creating with pastels since I was young. My kids think it's great that I "draw with chalk". I find it very relaxing.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Just a strong sense of style, individualism & beauty. I want every woman that wears my jewelry to feel great about how it pulls her look together.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't give up. Be passionate about what you do & stay consistant. And, above all, don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't succeed.

Elaine, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and gorgeous creations with us. They are truly delightful. To see more of Elaine's work be sure to check out her web page listed below, as well as her Etsy shop.




ELAINE HAYDON JEWELRY WEB PAGE

No comments: