Thursday, October 23, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - MINDY G JEWELRY BOUTIQUE

WELCOME, Mindy of MINDY G JEWELRY BOUTIQUE, and her beautiful jewelry creations! I just love the colors and design of the above necklace. A truly delightful piece!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have always loved arts and crafts as a little girl. If my hands are busy creating and designing things then my mind is at peace. I like the outlet that making something with my hands gives me.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

Jewelry making started when my youngest son attended preschool and my older son started Kindergarten. I made a bracelet one day and I started getting compliments on it from other moms and girlfriends. Before I knew it I was getting orders from local moms and decided to start a line of jewelry to sell at home parties. That way I could still be home with my kids during the day and sell my jewelry on nights and weekends.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I like networking and meeting new customers that share the love of jewelry. It makes them happy and it makes me feel great that what I create can do that.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would pick a watermelon because when you cut it open you see the most beautiful shade of red and the contrast of the white rind and outer green is naturally very pretty. I like bright colors. I love combining bright colors together and different textures in my jewelry designs.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be and why?

If I wasn't making jewelry I'd probably crochet or sew quilts because I love yarn and fabric and working with my hands. I like the colors and textures at the yarn and fabric stores, there are so many to choose from!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

My jewelry sparks happy conversations and I get to meet so many nice people over the years. I am very detailed in my work and I make sure each piece is crafted with the best quality of gemstones, pearls and findings.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep an inner peace by creating and dreaming up new possibilities!

Thanks for a great interview, Mindy! Be sure to visit Mindy's shop on Etsy to see what other gorgeous pieces she has available. You can also see and learn more about her work by clicking on the various links below.



MINDY'S BLOG

FLICKR

INDIEPUBLIC

No comments: