Monday, October 6, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - HAPPY MONKEY ART



MEGAN'S "LIFE" BOWL


Welcome Megan and Lori....the two fun artists behind the HAPPY MONKEY ART shop out on Etsy. These ladies sound like a lot of fun, and so are their artistic creations. Be sure to pay the HAPPY MONKEY ART shop a visit to see what they are all about. Before you pay a visit, let's learn a bit more about these delightful ladies....Lori, is the one who has answered the interview questions below.

LORI'S - "He's a Screamer"

OK, Lori...we all want to hear your thoughts and ideas!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Well at the tender age of six, my dad brought home a little yellow tub with a red top on it. I excitedly opened up this new present, and the wonderful aroma of play dough filled the air… and I was hooked ever since.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have crazy dreams that have crazy things in them, and clay was the best way to make them a reality.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Working with my best friend on “clay dates”. Also, being able to put the ideas in my head, into my hand.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Tomato! It’s seen as both! I’m a rebel and still put it in the vegetable drawer in the fridge…Also Megan and I have very different artistic styles, we are a little of both. We are a little Fruity and always good for the soul.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Silly putty … it keeps going and going and going… bounces good and not so major if it hits you in the eye…. On a serious note I’d like to try T-shirt screening. Megan and I are playing with it a little bit… If our clay things are off the wall I can’t wait to see what we come up with to print, stay tuned for those little Gems!

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Do not, I repeat, do not get clay in your eye! And nothing is impossible with clay!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Keep an idea book with you ALL the TIME! Most of my ideas come from crazy dreams I have or really random thoughts, if I don’t write them down I forget all about them.

Lori, I have no doubt you and Megan have a wonderful, fun time together creating your fun art. Thanks, for a refreshing view of what goes on behind the scenes at HAPPY MONKEY ART.
Treat yourselves to some fun and visit the HAPPY MONKEY ART by clicking on the photos or links below.

Lori, also has another shop out on Etsy called THRU ARIES EYES SHOP, where you will find her abstract paintings. I have also added her Etsy mini below the HAPPY MONKEY ART mini, so that you can visit both places.








BLOG

No comments: