Sunday, October 26, 2008

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BONNIE SHOP


Let's welcome Bonnie of BONNIE SHOP on Etsy. If you are looking for a great place to store your jewelry, look no further...BONNIE SHOP has just the thing for you! Great looking earring display stands, and much more! Great prices too! You can save even more this week, as Bonnie informed me she is having a sale with the "minimum of 25% off" on any item in her shop! The sales starts Oct. 26 and ends November 3rd at 12 Midnight.
Read below to hear what Bonnie has to say about herself and her creations.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have enjoyed traditional crafts like sewing and knitting since I was very young. I began working with wire in high school on a whim. I bought some cheap green garden wire in the 11th grade and created my first 3-D wire piece. Wire was so fun I kept playing with it, making little wire people and other useless things. I bought the wrong kind of wire one day, and ended up making my first jewelry stand out of it!
How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
Wire is really great. It bends into whatever shape you can imagine. For someone who could never draw more than a stick figure, wire is perfect, because it is a series of sticks. 3. What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable? I love seeing the finished product. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I finish something.
If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?
I would choose the peach, because it is a girly fruit. As much as I hate to admit it, making jewelry displays is terribly girly.
If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?
If I had the means, the time, and the know-how, I would love to learn how to make lamp work glass beads. I admire glass-workers, and would love to work with glass as my medium. It has such potential.
What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?
I recommend taking advantage of "mistakes" like buying the wrong materials, or messing something up. Instead of just moving on to what you know, experiment with the new materials, and try something new with your "messed up" creation!

Thanks, Bonnie, for taking your time to share your thoughts, and your creative use of wire. Don't forget now....pay a visit to BONNIE SHOP. All you have to do is click on either the photos below to go directly to that item in Bonnie's shop, or click on the BONNIE SHOP link below the photos.



No comments: