Saturday, May 10, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST - FIBERTODYEFOR

Welcome Beth.....!
Hear in Beth's own words what she has to say about herself and her art.

I'm a mom of two great kids and I like to have an outlet for my creative energy. I've been knitting for 4 years and started spinning my own yarn when I became a yarn snob. : ) I'm a member of The Spinners Flock in Chelsea MI, a guild of fiber artists.I enjoy knitting, needle felting, spinning yarn, dyeing yarn and weaving. I dabble in a little of this and a little of that. I love to create pieces that bring happiness to people.

What led you to start creating your art?

I really needed an outlet for my creative energy and this felt like a great place to start.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I've been knitting for about 6 years and then started spinning yarn. I joined a local group for fiber artists called The Spinners Flock and one thing led to another.

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?

I love working with fiber, and what I enjoy the most is the connection to nature. The fiber comes from the sheep and I buy the roving from the farmers. Then I work on it and I love to put the images of nature back into the pieces that I create.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?

I try to convey my love of the earth, nature and simple pleasures.

What advice do you have for other artists?

One piece of advice I have is to never doubt yourself. Just follow your instincts and you will be led in the right direction.

BETH, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, and creations with us. Be sure to visit Beth's Etsy shop. You can click on the link below the photos, or click on a photo to get directly to that item in Beth's shop.




No comments: