Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST - MILDRED GRIFFIN



WELCOME....MILDRED
Hear what Mildred has to say about her art. Be sure to visit Mildred's Etsy shop to see what she has to offer, and also her blog...it has gorgeous photos of flowers, receipes, and other delightful photos and information on it!! THANKS, Mildred for taking the time to share your thoughts and art with us.

What led you to start creating your art?
Just had a desire to try painting and purchased a small set of oils. I bought an art book too, and I immediately copied a picture from there. I was pleased with my first picture so kept right on painting, eventually trying different mediums.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
Started with the oil. Since then I have done all -- acrylic, pastels, watercolors. I think I prefer the oil.

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?
Anticipating what the finished painting will look like. Sometimes I'm happy with it and other times not so happy. However, you always see something more you can do with it.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?
I want to paint pleasant, pleasing pictures to make people feel as happy and blessed as I am.






MILDRED'S BLOG

MILDRED'S ETSY SHOP

No comments: