Sunday, May 11, 2008

JENNIFER SQUIRES "FEATURED ARTIST"

Welcome Jennifer.....Below you can hear what Jennifer has to say about her art, and how she get started.

I’ve been a photographer since 1996 and I am currently based out of London, Ontario, Canada. I am inspired by the world around me and I use my art to search for simplicity and meaning in the beauty of the everyday.

What led you to start creating your art?

I grew up in a very small hamlet so I was always looking for ways to make it more interesting, I guess that’s where my artistic juices began flowing. I’ve always had a camera so I ended up studying photography in high school and college and I’ve been taking pictures ever since!

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

My high school began offering a photography/graphics class which peaked my interest so I thought I’d try it out. I learned how to work in a darkroom, plus how to operate a small printing press – it was so magical!

What aspect of creating your art do you find the most enjoyable?

I love the challenge of finding charm in things we often think of as ordinary.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art?

Beauty is in everything, we just need to take the time to find it.

What advice do you have for other artists?

Don’t spend too much time in the beginning working on branding. Just get your stuff out there for the world to see. As your business grows you’ll gain a better understanding of the direction you’d like to go in and who your target market is, then you can focus more on your logo and identity. Show us what you’ve got!

Thanks, Jennifer, for sharing your art! To see more of Jennifer's lovely photography, be sure to visit her Etsy shop and other links listed below.




JENNIFER'S WEB PAGE
JENNIFER'S BLOG

No comments: