Monday, May 4, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BUDDA KITTY GLASS

Purple and red swirl bowl with dichroic dots

I am always amazed at all the different talents out on Etsy and the variety of artistic mediums one can find. I'm happy to have Steena and her BUDDA KITTY GLASS shop as a featured artist here on DZFANTASY. It is quite interesting to see the colors and shapes of glassware that Steena creates. I love the swirls and colors in the bowl pictured above. Be sure to visit BUDDA KITTY GLASS, to see what other delightful creations Steena has to offer.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

My first trip to Europe triggered my fascination with glass. I was amazed by the stained glass windows in the cathedrals. After returning from Europe, I began to take classes in stained glass and glass bead making. From there I pursued fused glass and fell in love with the process and the beautiful art that can be made in a kiln.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have worked with many mediums in art throughout my life, but glass is by far my favorite. Its versatility and wide array of colors is wonderful to work with.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love watching the changes in glass as heat is applied to it. Glass has amazing textures and vibrancy, which firing in a kiln enhances.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I think a fruit salad because it has many colors and textures similar to glass.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would love to learn how to paint on glass.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I would like people to see my work and develop an appreciation for the rich and diverse art of working with glass.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Make the art you like, not what you think will “sell.” Art made from the heart is so much better and will find its audience.

Steena, thanks again for taking the time to give us a bit of an "insight" as to what got you started as an artist, and to share your beautiful glass creations with with everyone.

You can see more of Steena's work by clicking on the links below.




FACEBOOK

No comments: