Saturday, May 9, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - ONE HEART JEWELRY


Dreamy Pearl Earrings
by
Debi of
One Heart Jewelry

WELCOME, Debi and her Etsy shop, ONE HEART JEWELRY. While looking through Debi's shop at all her beautiful designs, you get the feeling of elegance and charm! You really must take a peek!

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

About 20 years ago, I was fascinated with the Native American beadwork I had seen in a museum while visiting the Pine Ridge & Rosebud Indian Reservation in South Dakota. When I returned home, I found a book about beaded earrings by Deon De Lange (may not have spelled her name correctly). It just went from there!


How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?


I knew from the start I wanted to work with beads to make jewelry, the smaller the better at the time. Since then I enjoy many types of beads, stones and pearls, along with various techniques, in my jewelry designs.


What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

All of it! But a favorite that I get lost in is the design process. Especially how a design can change from my original idea into something so completely different by the time I’m finished!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I never thought about my work in these terms. How about red, green and yellow apples, because apples are so versatile and tasty in many different dishes. My work tends to reflect many styles and “themes”, casual to dressy, and in between.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Photography. There is much about life that isn’t noticed as I go about my daily living, until I pick up a camera. At that moment, life looks different! I see different! I enjoy focusing on the details of everyday life.


What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I have a jewelry collection entitled “Love, Peace & Unity” that I hope opens people’s minds to the possibility that the idea of being one with the world, with each other, regardless of race or religion, is attainable.

Sterling Silver World Peace Necklace with Seven Beautiful Charms



What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Be true to your passion for art and don’t allow “life” to put stumbling blocks in the path of your creativity.

Debi, lovely, lovely creations, and also wonderful ideas on "unity" and expressing this through your "Love, Peace and Unity" designs! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and creativity with everyone.

To see more of Debi's creations be sure to visit her links below.

1000 MARKETS

FLICKR

No comments: