Friday, May 29, 2009

Rainbow Sea Sprite and her colorful fish mobile

Whimsical, RAINBOW SEA SPRITE ON HER MAGICAL FISH

MOBILE

by

Donna - DZFANTASY

I just finished this newest sculpture....a tiny sea sprite riding her rainbow colored fish. This sculpture took me about 15 hours to complete. The entire sculpture has 112 Swarovski crystals handsewn into the fish itself and also for the sprite's accents. I use a 4# clear fishing line, which can't be seen. It is like creating two separate sculptures....first the fish and then the sprite. The sprite is then handsewn onto the fish.

The entire sculpture measures approximately 9" long, and 6.5" high. Both the fish and the sprite are firmly stuffed with acrylic fiberfill, and the sprite and the fish's tail fins have inner wire armatures.

This sculpture is designed to be hung as a "mobile". There is a loop on the back of the sprite from which to hang her.

I've designed 4 different styles of fish and this is the smallest of them.

The sprite herself is 100% silk fabric which I handdyed/painted using silk fabric paints.


I just listed her in my DZFANTASY shop on Etsy, and if you'd like to learn more about her, you can click on either of her above photos.

1 comment:

xemefex said...

Hi,

It came to my attention that your blog is popular! Are you aware of this? Let me explain... as I was googleing around Your blog came up top 10 under the keyword fish. This is pretty good and you could be making a lot of money through your blog.

Check this out:

www.bloggingtothebank.com