Wednesday, May 13, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LIFE UNCOMMON

Glass Tile Pendant - Square - Key of B Flat
(Click on above photo to learn more about this pendant)


WELCOME, DJ and her Etsy shop LIFE UNCOMMON. DJ tells you in her shop profile that she came up with her shop's name of LIFE UNCOMMON because it was inspired by one of her favorite songs by the singer, Jewel, titled Life Uncommon. Since there are so many unusual shop names on Etsy, I find it fun to know how some of them got their names.

DJ creates, fun, unique and very affordable pendants, so be sure to pay a visit to LIFE UNCOMMON and see all the variety she has to offer. You will find square, round, rectangle, dichroic glass pendants and more.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I love wearing original jewelry and changing it to match with my outfits, moods, etc. I also covet glass, thus Life Uncommon was born.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I tend to collect old postcards, greeting cards, magazines, vintage books, etc. I often get a lot of my pictures from those sources. I chose glass because it was the best way to use those pictures and wear them as art.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I enjoy finding just the right picture or graphic to put in my pieces. For me, it's about the search.

Glass Pendant - Round - Rainbow Fish
(Click on photo to learn more about this pendant)

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I'd probably say a vegetable medley. In other words, a bit of everything.

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Music. I play the clarinet, flute & saxophone and I really love playing random songs at various tempos. It's the best way to express creativity in my opinion, although it cannot really be sold here on Etsy the way crafts can.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Fun. I want my pieces to make people smile and bring smiles from others who see them being worn.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Always be budget conscious, but never let that stop you from growing your art.

DJ, thanks for taking the time to share your creativity and thoughts with everyone! I believe you have accomplished your goal of wanting your art to bring smiles to people's faces.

Be sure to visit LIFE UNCOMMON, and DJ's other links below to learn more about DJ and her work.




WEB PAGE

BLOG

1 comment:

MrSound said...

Nice artwork here. This is a great piece of fine art.