Thursday, June 18, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - BEBE BABIES AND FRIENDS


Cloth Plush Mouse Baby Doll by BEBE BABIES Safety Jointed for Kids
(Click on the photo above to find out more about this little charmer)

WELCOME, Casie and her BeBe Babies and Friends shop on Etsy! When you pay a visit to BeBe Babies and Friends, you will find the sweetest, most adorable soft sculpted dolls, and critters. I'm sure you will fall in love with them. They are just waiting to be adopted. You will find tiny little dolls for your little ones, and also one-of-a-kind larger dolls.

Let's learn a bit more about this delightful doll artist to see what motivates her to create her charming dolls.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

Originally I was a doll collector and wanted to try making dolls on my own. I began creating vinyl reborn baby dolls and then moved to primitive raggedy anns. I was looking for something more original and "my own" so I created the first BeBe Baby in March 2007.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I have always liked sewing. I never was happy with my skills in any other medium although I did try sculpting and painting, once I started sewing there was nothing else I wanted to do!

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I love the design process. Sometimes it can be frustrating when something won't come together right, but the feeling of when it finally does is awesome. I also really like the feeling of completing a large order. Seeing a huge pile of dolls is very rewarding.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Right away I thought of an apple. I think it is because apples are so mild and sweet, at least that is the way I think of them. They aren't too wild and most everyone loves them

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

I would probably write. I have always loved writing and have created zines in the past. I would love to do another zine, possibly a comic book.

OOAK Cloth Asian Toddler Boy Baby Doll by BEBE BABIES Dolls

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want everyone, children and adults, to feel like they would like to collect my dolls. I want to convey childhood and a carefree spirit.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I always have lots of advice, but I think overall I would say you better love what you are doing. It takes a long time to build a name, reputation and customer base. If you don't love what you are doing you probably won't last long.

THANKS, Casie for sharing your wonderful creations and thoughts with all of us! How sweet they are!

If you'd like to learn more about BEBE BABIES and FRIENDS, be sure to visit the links below.




FLICKR

BEBE BABIES WEBPAGE

1 comment:

Christie Cottage said...

These are adorable! The little Asian boy is precious!

Glad whatshername.etsy.com sent me your link!