Thursday, June 11, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - CALSYRIAL DESIGN

Case Refillable Notebook
by
Kerry of CALSYRIAL DESIGN
(Click on above photo to learn more about this item.)

Let's welcome, Kerry, and her Etsy shop CALSYRIAL DESIGN. When you pay a visit to Kerry's shop, you will find journals, notebooks, organizers and more. If you have your own materials that you would like to incorporate into a one-of-a-kind item, Kerry will be more than happy to work with you on a custom order.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have always loved art, in all forms, and enjoyed creating it. The last few years though, after having a child and working, working, working, I found that I wasn't being creative at all. I decided to change that, and here I am! I am still pretty new at selling my wares, but I have completely enjoyed creating again.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I really just looked around my house. I have so much stuff and a lot of it was just collecting dust because although I loved it, it just wasn't living up to its potential. So taking stock of what I have, and the things that I love to collect I was able to pinpoint the kinds of items I wanted to make. I also knew from the start I wanted to be finding new uses for new things, so Calsyrial Design just kind of came together organically.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

Looking for my supplies is so much fun. I love rooting through old junk and finding something I can salvage, it is inspiring and where everything I make comes from.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

Hmmm, this is tough. I guess I would say a kiwi, just because they start out kind of rough looking but with a little prep, they are quite enjoyable. Kind of like repurposing things to make them beautiful and useful!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Definitely pottery, I love working with clay because it is so relaxing, and really the epitome of working with your hands. I make pieces only my mother could love, though.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

That beautiful things don't have to be expensive or contribute to waste!

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

I'm kind of new at this to be offering advice, but I will say that you can't go wrong doing something that you truly enjoy doing.

THANKS, Kerry, for sharing your ideas and creativity with everyone out here on DZFANTASY! I always find it such fun to learn about all the different creativity on Etsy and to get a bit of insight into what makes each person motivated to create what they do!

Be sure to pay a visit to CALSYRIAL DESIGN by visiting the links below. You can also follow CALSYRIAL DESIGN on TWITTER to learn of Kerry's sales, and new items, etc.



TWITTER

1 comment:

DeeCee said...

Welcome to Etsy, Kerry.
Your notebooks are charming as well as very useful.
Good luck.