Monday, June 22, 2009

FEATURED ETSY SHOP - LoopDiLoops

Baby Sling - Coriander Blue Carrier

by

LoopDiLoops

As I was browsing through Dani's Etsy shop, LoopDiLoops, I thought, now why didn't they have these fun, colorful baby carriers way back some 40 years ago, when I was lugging our daughter around on my hip, and 20 years ago with my grandson! I must say today's Moms are so lucky with all the innovative, colorful creations for carrying their little ones!


Be sure to pay a visit to LoopDiLoops, to see all the colorful carriers that Dani creates.


What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I started making baby carriers shortly after I had my daughter. I needed something to help sooth her while keeping me hands-free to do do things around the house, and it was really handy for going for little walks without fussing with the big stroller.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

I started out with a completely different fabric than I currently use now, after some trial and error, I've settled on 100% cotton that has a bit of give to it and not only that but comes in fabulous colors and patterns. Style is a big factor, but combined with the weight of the fabric, for me it's the perfect combination for comfort.

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

My very favorite part is wrapping up the package for my customer. I take great pride in making sure that it's just as exciting to unwrap as it is getting the package in the mail. First impressions are so important, so it has to look perfect!

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a potato. It's a diet staple, and it's so versatile. I couldn't live without potatoes, and as far as having babies I couldn't live without my carrier!

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be, and why?

Another avenue I use to display my creativity is clothing design. As far as Etsy goes I haven't really shown much of this side, but I really love designing couture formal gowns. The kind that you just drape and sew, and that create themselves as you go along.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

Just that you can be a trendy, stylish hip mom without comprimising on comfort and function.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Do what you love to do, and create items that you love as well, other people will pick up on that and love them too.

Thanks, Dani, for taking the time to share your creations and thoughts with everyone!

If you'd like to learn more about LoopDiLoop creations, be sure to visit Dani's links below.




BLOG

TWITTER

3 comments:

cindylouwho2 said...

Awesome feature - she has a great shop!

Rachel Kovaciny said...

We used ring slings with my son, and both my hubby and I loved them! So did our son -- he slept in them a lot. I'll definitely be using them again when I have another little one. LoopDiLoops has some lovely slings!

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Great blog!! Thanks for featuring my Etsy Mini!